My girl Marsha messaged me asking about brushes this week so I decided to write this blog in case some more of you were unclear about makeup application tools. As fun as it might seem to a 5 year old, finger painting won’t work for makeup. You need tools to perform the task, be it eye shadow, foundation or even lip colour. And like most meticulous tasks, the type and quality of the tools you use matter. Like it or not my pretty, the hot look you want to apply is heavily dependant on your makeup brushes. Yes, Makeup Brushes!
You can pretty much get them anywhere and the price ranges are wide. I’ve see full sets going for twelve bucks all the way up to 600 big ones! And price doesn’t guarantee quality. So what’s a vixen to do? How can one really know if, how and when to purchase makeup brushes? Welcome to Makeup Brushes 101.
What are advantages of Makeup Brushes?
Using Makeup Brush has several benefits:
* The brushes are simpler to control than your finger and so the result is much less messy.
* Symmetry. Brushes can help you applying blush on one cheek and then the other with a matching effect.
* Brushes give a final finish that’s natural. Frequent use allows you to execute a variety of looks with easy precision.
* But most of all, it’s hygienic to use makeup brushes. Your fingers will contaminate your cosmetics, but using clean brushes won’t.
My Younique brushes are like my magic wands, I highly recommend them. With a couple of strokes… SHAZAM! Perfect brows, smooth and natural looking foundation, blotch-less blending on lids and glamorous glossy lips! Makeup brushes allow you to control the amount of product and how and where it’s applied. My deluxe brush in particular is a go to when it comes to blending. Knowing that certain brushes are make for liquid makeup and other for powder is important. And of course, once you know how to follow the rules, you know how to break them. Good brushes get you most of the way to a professional and flawless makeup application.
Type of Brushes
There are a number of makeup brushes available ranging from purpose to size to cost. You don’t have to buy a full set if it isn’t for professional use. I recommend getting the basic types first, get to know them and master your application before purchasing more brushes:
* Powder Brushes– Luxuriously designed over size brushes to dust loose or pressed powder across the face.
* Blush Brushes– These brushes gives user excellent control.
* Sponge Brushes– Sponge of this brush helps in blending of the cosmetics very well.
* Eye Brushes– your eyes are beautiful and after all important to you. You can Buy a range of eye brushes like Eye Shadow Brushes, Eye Liner Brushes, Eyebrow Brushes, etc to keep doing your eyes designing.
* Lip Brushes– These brushes gives your lips the true blending of color and cosmetics.
There are many more brushes are available if you’re ready to step into fancy makeup techniques like illuminating and contouring. For beginners, starting with the basics will prepare you for the bells and whistles.
How to buy make up Brushes?
Once you identify your need, go to a good store and decide whether to buy in sets or as apiece. If you are looking for great value and even better quality, Even though these may be a bit expensive but prefer to take value for your money. Younique brushes are the way to go. They have a full, no questions asked guarantee, and so many seasoned MUAs have confirmed their professional quality. Buy these according to your budget. It is important to chose quality makeup brushes. When it comes to makeup brushes, you need to go for quality over quantity. Good quality brushes will give you greater control, good result and will last a long time.
How to take care of your new make up Brushes?
Once you got the perfect set of brushes, you need to take care of them. How do you do that?
* Always store your brushes in the brush container they came with or a mesh brush bag.
* Don’t blow on your brushes it’s not hygienic especially if you use them to do makeup on others. If you need to reduce some of the powder or cosmetics while using gently shake them or dabbing them on paper towel.
* Clean the brushes regularly. You can get a brush sanitizer to clean the brushes between uses, but I tend to wash my brushes after every 3 uses.
* After cleaning, dry them naturally. Do not use hair dryer, otherwise synthetic bristles will melt or natural hair bristles with get dry and fray.
How to clean makeup brushes?
* Run warm water over the bristles for about 5 mins.
* Gently use fingers to massage cleanser through the bristles. Rinse and repeat till water runs clear.
* Squeeze out the extra water but very gently.
* Reshape bristles delicately.
* Allow it dry in air for 24 hours.